Qualifications for Apprenticeship
In order to enter the Charlotte Electrical JATC apprenticeship program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Earned a High School Diploma/GED equivalent;
- Must have "C" or better in High School algebra (or 4,000 hours related experience);
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License; and
- Possess a Social Security card.
Selection into the program also is based on oral interviews.
The recruitment, selection, employment and training of all apprentices during their apprenticeships are without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age.
The apprenticeship program is based on the National Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee's (NJATC) 5-year curriculum. The Charlotte Electrical JATC's apprenticeship program is registered with the North Carolina Department of Labor.
Apprentices are required to complete related classroom instruction and 8,000 hours of on-the-job training (OJT), and they must pass the NJATC Craft Certification Examination and Performance Test.